The school will schedule an assessment for your child. This assessment will include parental observations and the observations of the school’s therapist. To qualify for an IEP your child’s disability must impair their learning and educational performance. Theoretically, you could have a child who is diagnosed with autism but not be given an IEP. If that happens, the school might suggest that your child be placed on a 504 plan instead. (Click here to read the difference between an IEP and a 504)

Pin It on Pinterest