Those who take on the role of a caregiver have their world suddenly changed. They have to navigate their emotions, navigate different systems, find ways to set rules and boundaries and find ways to connect with the person in their care and their parents. So we saw a need to provide them with that support and give them a space to connect with others on a similar journey.
During this course, kinship families will have the opportunity to:
- Express their emotions about becoming a caregiver
- See disability in a different light
- Learn strategies to curb problem behaviors
- Learn how to set ground rules and boundaries
- Find new ways to communicate with their kinship placement
- Find ways they can communicate with the child’s parent
Community members served:
This course is for caregivers who have become responsible for someone else child who has a disability.