When parents get a disability diagnosis for a child, they aren’t given space to process the emotions that come with a diagnosis. Most go right to work. They start calling doctors and therapists. They start scheduling appointments, and they start figuring out how to navigate different systems of care.
They do it all without the emotional support they need After the Diagnosis.
Caregivers will learn:
- to find meaning in the most challenging parts of their parenting journey
- their thoughts influence emotions and behaviors
- to take control of their thoughts to establish a new mindset
- simple tips and strategies to make time for self-care
- create goals for them and their child
- to identify stress before it takes over